Contemporary Eclectic Sounds
- April Storm CD:
- 13 Tracks of Ophelia's original contemporary music, carries the theme of "Music and Healing". It's timeless pieces smoothly lead into one another and will sweetly and calmly mesmerize you! It is Music for the Soul! Featured on WB TV and NPR! This debut CD, by a very talented pianist and composer, is like a breath of fresh air in a worn and tired world. It is filled with shimmering piano-based melodies that make you happy.." Music Editor of Creations Magazine
- 1. Morning Awakening: A perfect wake up song. My schedule on the road allows me to see the sunrise from different views all over the country. No matter where you are located there is something so refreshing about the sun rising. It makes you smile and just simply, happy.
- 2. April Storm (897 K) (My number one signature piece) This is the first piece I wrote for this CD. It was composed in the middle of a spring storm in semidarkness, by candlelight. It's Intense, Healing and known for restoring the soul.
- 3. Sierra: is a very rich and dramatic piece. It was inspired by tours out west traveling though the red clay mountains under the warm sun and open skies.
- 4. Autumn Leaf: is a pensive and haunting piece. It was Inspired by a wonderfully memorable summer and the beginning of autumn.
- 5. Althea (For Alley): a special family member whose expressions are rare and pure. Whether delicate, unpredictable jazzy and spunky, she's just lovable!
- 6. Of Heart: is a suspenseful piece that emulates the sound of a steady heart beat. It's rather mysterious just like our hearts can be.
- 7. Rose Petal (780 K) I wrote this about those short, sweet, delicate precious moments in life.
- 8. Sunflowers: A Soothing Jig with African undertones. It's rich and mellow tones are known for it's healing sensation.
- 9. Northern Star: Following the Northern Star equates to freedom. This sparkling piece travels to freeness, with a tenacious sound of a free spirit.
- 10. Da-Peps: This piece has happy island undertones and was written for friends and family to share overall happiness!
- 11. Sweet Tropic Night:A luscious rhythmic island piece with a spacey eclectic twist.
- 12. Ice Rain (585 K) This piece was a one-take improvisation. I have no idea where it came from- it just popped out! This energetic rhythmic piece is timeless and another one of my Signature pieces!
- 13. Ocean (1K) Inspired by visits to the ocean where the water simply rushes over you and makes you feel nurtured. The finale of this CD calls for inner silence and leaves you at Peace.
- Native Ground... Stand My Ground CD
- Native Ground is perhaps the most eclectic of Ophelia's albums to date, and clearly demonstrates the range and versatility of this outstanding artist. The pieces range in styles from classical to jazz, world to new age and beyond. There is no pigeon-holing Ophelia's work which is something I really enjoy about her albums. -Solo Piano Publications by Kathy Parsons
- 1. Broken Promises (1.4MB) This is my 'Growing Up' piece. It's been described as: Crescendoing to a flame. This piece of raw emotion is Honest and Real and will Take you to your own private reality. Personally, I feel it's very pensive, moving and one of my most Passionate Pieces. Broken Promises was written on the desire to act on wisdom and live the BEST life possible knowing than when you must face disappointments and challenges you come across in life, you can walk away with something positive- even though it may not seem so at the time. There was something very healing to me when I began this composition and thankfully, listeners seem to feel renewed and at peace once they hear it.
- 2. Native Ground...Stand My Ground (1.1) The Rhythm and numerous interwinding melodies are musical artistry. This piece was written out of my desire to be open to the influences and people that I meet but to be sure to Be True To Myself. You can actually hear the phrase..."Stand My Ground" throughout the course of the entire piece. It's a Bold, Intense and Fun Piece!
- 3. Aye Yo Cha Gae Yo Very Lamenting. An Earthy Native American piece. In our travels across the country as a little girl, my parents would take us to museums and we would learn about a variety of cultures. I was so moved by the Native Americans songs that I would cry. This is a piece that I actually wrote when I was eight years old. Although the words have meaning to me, they are not from a particular language. They are just words that I made up as a little girl.
- 4. Thunder Cloud An improvised Native Jazz Fusion Piece. We have witnessed some incredible storms in our travels. I wrote this during a storm where a cloud was being driven by the wind and simply could not find it's place in the sky yet it looked as though it was moving to the beat of it's own drummer.
- 5. Crimson- Blue New Age/Latin-Jazz. Composed in the autumn while I was visiting the cool beaches in New England.
- 6. Snow on the Sand (1.2MB) One of the most open and passionate piano solos on the CD. I was full of emotion when I wrote this piece. It is another one take improvisation!
- 7. Sweet September A nostalgic solo piano & Prelude to Oct. Moon. It's lovely and touching.
- 8. October Moon (1.1MB) Inspired by watching the night sky in October. It's a Bodacious, Incredibly passionate, fiery piano solo with some strings!
- 9. Treasures As a little girl, my grandpa would love to sit down in the living room and listen to me play the piano. This song is in memory of "Grandpa."
- 10. Rendezvous The Feeling of being understood and united with the one you love.
- 11. Rose Petal Sweet, endearing like a Rose.
- 12. Sincerely Simple & pure piano solo. A cup of love.
- 13. Reflective Introspective piece. Many of us have a private place where we can go for solace. This piece was written after very contemplative moments in stillness.
- 14. The Jig A bold flowery jig with jazzy/new age undertones.
- 15. Broken Promises Too A mellow version of Broken Promises.
- 16. Sun Screams Composed on the beaches of Florida. This piece has island undertones and makes you want to dance. It's is just a fun and happy song!
17. Hey There! A great interlude piece-jazzy and lots of fun!
- Echoes... Under the Sun CD
- In a word: Gorgeous! This describes Ophelia Handberry's 13- song release on Ohklectic Records. It could be called music to relax by, listen to by candlelight or be inspired by, because it is all of that and more! Indie-Music.com by Les Reynolds
- 1. Again A swirling piano solo, full of hope and curiosity.
- 2. New Beginnings< This piece is about preparing yourself for a positive new start! It's a prelude to Lullaby.
- 3. Lullaby (741K) A New Age- Classical peaceful piano solo. This piece was a one-take improvisation. It's nurturing, full of love and tenderness.
- 4. Sweet Baby Sonatina. A Precious Classical-New Age two part piano solo with a sweet, innocent melody.
- 5. Velvet Clover (663K) A lovely eclectic yet traditional piano solo.
- 6. Echoes Under the Sun This two part piano solo is the first piece I wrote for this project and as the foundation for the CD, it's theme is echoed throughout the entire CD. The power behind the universal language of music is a gift to mankind. Echoes is moving, driven and full of passion for life. (signature piece)
- 7. Native Flute The Language of music echoes from one land to another. This Native American Solo is a prelude to Mystic Flute.
- 8. Mystic Flute A Modern Pop Eclectic continuation of Native Flute carries the theme of unity and endless boundaries.
- 9. Shooting Star If you have ever experienced a meteorite shower, the experience can make you really think of where our place is in the universe. This is a contemplative, mysterious and atmospheric piece.
- 10. Prelude Was written on a boat ride one summer. This eclectic piece has a very subtle mellow groove that calls for peace from within.
- 11. Exotic Spice A two part combo of soothing flutes and uplifting piano sounds with Asian undertones. The transition to a spicy modern Pop piece makes you want to dance.
- 12. Jump! (995K) A happy piece with African and island undertones. It's full of fun!.
- 13. Ice 2000 (1.4MB) This Signature Piece was written in anticipation of good things to come. It is modern and yet very eclectic and full of positive emotion many optimistic transitions. This piece ends the project leaving you happy and satisfied, and wishing you the very best on your journey.
- Rhythmic Jubilee CD
- Rhythmic Jubilee is a luscious blend of warm tropical sounds mixed with smooth Latin- Jazz undertones. Pack with energy, this CD has already become a favorite and will inspire you to dance and follow your own dreams!
- 1. Rhythmic Jubilee An energizing flare of Latin-Jazz, breezy as a tropical island enthralling you in from beginning to end.
- 2. Pale Golden Moon A timeless eclectic love song. The piano & bass enrapture you into a musical cohesion, captivating you into its splendor.
- 3. : An exceptional Joyful Latin-Jazz piano duet. Its rich island undertones inspire you to dance & sing.
- 4. Crossroads Demo A blend of new age and jazz that leaves you feeling in a reflective mood. It is titillating to the ears & transports you to your own private harmony.
- 5. Travelin' Feel the eclecticism in Travelin' while the mood is Jazzy all the Way! Ophelia's piston like fingers are all over the keyboard with her ON TIME runs & chords!
- 6. Sun Screams A spunky, up beat & fun piece that will make you feel like dancin'. Ophelia's showcase of pop contemporary eclectic piano at its best.
- 7. Tropical Moon A two movement journey thru passionate emotions. It's gentle & pensive & then moves into Latin-Jazz & finally merges into a full eclectic Jam Session!
A Contemporary Eclectic Vision of Tropical Splendor!
Join Ophelia's mailing list:
Please allow 30 seconds to get your confirmation...